CHARACTERISTICS TO BE AN EFFECTIVE ENTREPRENEUR
Before a doctor diagnoses a specific disease, his patient must undergo a series of laboratory exams and assessments. He must know the history of his patient and how lifestyle affected his present health problem. As results come in, that would be an indication of the time when a physician gives specific drugs and therapies for maintenance. This will eventually contribute to the level of optimum health for that individual. If all else fails, the process will be repeated.
Like what the above-mentioned situation has stated, an entrepreneur’s responsibility would be the same. It is just that, they should see their customers as their patients and what they must have to survive a present predicament or a need. They must follow certain steps before doing anything irrational that could contribute to the downfall of their business. They should have certain instinctive characteristics in their personality for if they lack one of these, they are doomed to fail.
Entrepreneurship is collectively defined as exhibiting one’s vision, taking action, and pursuing that vision as a goal to be achieved in life as service to reality. In the meaningless definition, it is getting your butt off that couch and doing something rather than fulfilling your life’s destiny of being a couch potato.
Stated below are some of the distinct attitudes an entrepreneur should positively have:
• Optimism – is foreseeing things in a positive way notwithstanding any circumstances that may hinder progress. The assertiveness of an individual depends on their knowledge of how to handle a tricky situation.
• Creativity – is thinking outside the box. Expanding one’s mind of what is beyond the ordinary through fine research and collection of data.
• Stability – either physical, mental, social, or emotional, a leader must possess a stable life which means they could handle tough situations during tough times
• Charismatic – intelligence of communicating with different walks of life. Who says a charming person is less than an intelligent one? A good entrepreneur must have the certain magic glistening in their eyes and could convey enchanting words to get hold of that convincing power no one dare resist.
• Risk-taker – as someone beginning their own dream, they should be stern and must have the guts to take the big leap of plunging into their own doom or success. They should not be afraid of taking chances when opportunity strikes.
• Energetic – willing to do whatever it takes to reach the finish line. Their drive must always be at its highest level for being an entrepreneur would make you work overtime. Their enthusiasm must prevail the next best thing.
• Time bound – like a written report in a newspaper, an entrepreneur must be on the top of every innovation. By looking at our past, we could predict our future.
Small businesses, in time, would turn out big if the scope of management exceeds what is expected. So, it is necessary for a beginner to be positive about their endeavors. They must be very observant of what their environment lacks and needs. They should have sturdy shoulders to put on extra weight of carrying a responsibility that could change his or her life.
One’s greatest failure is sticking with the mentality of being conventional. This would be one of an entrepreneur’s greatest downfalls. Think big. Act. Make your business dreams come true.